Friday 29 March 2013

Creative Cacophony...

It's Day 2 of my five day Easter staycation and today I hopped on the tube to spend a couple of hours over lunch at a friend's new pad in Chalk Farm. Exiting Camden Town Station and turning right for the very first time, I found myself thrust unceremoniously into the throng meandering along Camden High Street. Determined to arrive on time, I hurried along, eyes focussed on finding the gaps in the crowd, without much of a sideways glance.


But when lunch was over and we'd said our goodbyes, there was time for a little exploring. Yet after wandering around The Stables section of Camden Market, it left me feeling that I'd barely scratched the surface. 


Entrance to The Stables section of Camden Market
The market is filled with figures which pay homage to the area's equine past.



One of the exits back on to Camden High Road
Alas I'd dressed more for a quick stroll between the warm tube and the cosy climes of Gidday HQ/my friend's new pad (versus braving the chilly air for an extended period) so after an hour I set my pedestrian compass for a return to the tube station...which took a little longer than I thought. 

Here's why...

3D efforts made a corner interiors store stand out against the grey sky...
...as well as letting passersby get under foot.
Hard to see the detail in this photo but this building is a riot of colour and imagery.
This extraordinary dragon marks the start of a triad of creative retail frontage.

Hard to choose a favourite but I loved this frantic kitty best of all.
This riot of colour and expression exists in just a 5 minute walk between Camden Town tube station and Castlehaven Road. And I can't believe it's taken me 9 years to get there.

I'll definitely be back!

2 comments:

Jack Scott said...

There's only one Camden Market. Fabulous!

Unknown said...

I know that now...why did no-one take me before this?