Thursday 6 June 2013

Atlantic Crossing...

I am travelling again. And again it's personal but this time it combines old friends and new places.

Yesterday I arrived in the city of sleeplessness, Starbucks and sitcoms - Seattle. It's a city I have never visited and while I've had nothing particularly against it, it's never been high on my list of places to visit. Until September last year when Team-M moved across the Atlantic and A-down-the-hill became Seattle-A.

Recovering from jetlag a little today I've just mooched around, getting started on the 'Aunty Kym induction' into the world of their two-month-old twins (those of you who know me well can stop laughing now), getting acquainted with Gunnar the super-dog, and getting to know this whole new world. It's been quite surreal. It's a whole different world for Seattle-A and Team-M here but our ability to just hang out still remains despite the months apart and the added attentions of the newer, younger members of the supersized Team-M.

I've only been here 24 hours and already I'm stunned by the beauty of the scenery. As the plane flew over Seattle yesterday, Mount Rainier loomed crisp and clear against the blue sky and on the drive from the airport, I caught glimpses of lakes sparkling like dark blue crystal in the sunlight and travelled roads fringed by trees of deep deep green. The view around the new pad (which is surrounded by woodland) is equally sublime.

So in the spirit of easing my jetlagged self into the next week here, this afternoon we took a little excursion to Cottage Lake.

It was stunning.




No doubt there will be much more to discover and enjoy during my visit here so I'm looking forward to immersing myself in it all and sharing the choicest titbits with you along the way. So stay tuned...

No comments: