Sunday 6 October 2013

Single Figures...

We are down to single figures peeps.

In just 9 sleeps, my little sister (aka Lil Chicky) will step off a very long flight from Down Under and into Old London Town (well Heathrow Airport anyway).

It will be her first ever trip here - hopefully not the last.  And I am ridiculously excited.

It's getting difficult to think about anything else at the moment. I try to remember what my first London Loves were and I find myself wondering what are sorts of things she would like to do and see. Are they the same things that struck me when I first travelled here in 2000? The history, the theatre, the eclectic cultural mix, the architecture? Or is it something else? Perhaps a little high tea or some high kicks at a show? Or shall we take in the Eye, the Abbey, the Shard, the Wall or even the Cock in the Square.

The National Gallery and St Martin in the Fields overlook Trafalgar Square and the latest installation on The Fourth Plinth
The mind boggles.

Lately I have found myself in the midst of my day when I am struck by something I want to show her or share. Like on Friday night when I left the office (my 'new' one - our Head Office - where I am now based) and saw this...


...or the view from Waterloo Bridge at night which, after almost 10 years here, still makes me catch my breath and say to myself 'I really did it. I live here. This is my home.'


So much to do and so little time.

And only 9 sleeps to go.

That's exciting.

No comments: