Sunday 29 November 2009

Time to Get Festive...

Christmas is creeping up on us all and with the 1st December approaching (on Tuesday), there was much excitement in our household when the cupboard under the stairs was opened, many boxes and bags were rummaged through and a very important Hamer ritual took place...the annual decoration of the Christmas Tree.

(I know it's not officially December yet but if we are rounding to the closest weekend, Tuesday is def. closer to this weekend than next!)

So with 26 sleeps to go, I tested the lights, laid out all of the ornaments - an eclectic mix of cheap 'fillers' and gorgeous treats from my travels over the last few years - and spent a couple of joyful hours filling my flat with Christmas...


So so pretty...I'm feeling very pleased with my efforts indeed.  And it does makes me all childishly excited to turn all of the living room lights off and to sit in the lovely glow of Christmas....

But what's that I can hear?  A few rustling sounds and a bear-ish grunt or two...hmmm let's investigate....


Oh it's Alfie Bear - he has stolen Mummy's Christmas hat and is admiring his very first Christmas tree!  

Remember...26 sleeps to go people...time to get festive!

No comments: