Friday 20 February 2009

Snow Angels...

Bit of a gap in the ol' blog but I'm back for 2009...


It seemed right to say something about snow and the amazing amount of it we had fall in SE England a couple of weeks ago. Not working at the moment meant that I could get out there and marvel at it all - and it was not just a little bit but ankle deep pristine snow that lit up the world in a way I hadn't ever seen before. Watching snow falling is a fascinating thing for me and whilst I don't quite understand the science of it all, waking up to this was extraordinarily beautiful.

This is the best snow angel I've ever seen - courtesy of Karen Goss. Our snow was too deep to get the view of the grass underneath like this...but we did manage a snowball or two.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Hi Kym,
Your little home looks so different in Winter. All is so dry and burnt over here that you'd think we're on another planet. Looking at your photo, I feel like rolling around in the snow. It's still a bit cooler over here- only 38 degrees today. (I have managed to buy a signed copy of Nathalie's book, "Love It and Leave It" for you but I'm still working out how best to get it to you) CJK in AUST

Chloe said...

Hi Kym- Your little home looks so different surrounded by snow. It is so hot and dry and burnt over here that I feel like rolling around in it. It's 38 degrees today!! I have managed to buy a signed copy of Nathalie's book "Love It and Leave It" but am trying to work out the best way to get it to you. I contacted the publisher Gianni who is a friend of Nata's and he said she was in fairly good spirits when she left for the States. Hi to Karen Goss ( who was always artistic if I remember correctly!) Cheers