Monday 13 July 2009

18 Sleeps To Go...Zucchini Zucchini

I don't normally blog on back to back days as I want to give all of you a little time to digest my latest pearls of wisdom (or is that pearls before swine? Silk purse out of a sow's ear? Might fly? Any other pig metaphors?) But I just had to tell you...

I picked my first zucchini (aka courgette) yesterday.

There was only one ready but rather than waiting for the others, I did not want to risk a repeat of the earlier Strawberry Pilfering incident, so I snipped, and brought my valiant little veg inside...

.

Now what will I do with him? A summer veg risotto or pasta perhaps?

LOL! I've just realised that I have naturally assumed that it is a 'him'...stop smirking - you are merely proving that none of us are ever too old to smirk at a naughty thought...

Anyone up for a banana?

(Sorry..couldn't resist! 18 sleeps to go and still a child...)

No comments: