Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Very Chicky Birthday

Today is Lil Chicky's birthday.

So I thought I'd tell you a birthday story.

The first one was fraught with competitive friction.

This young whippersnapper had the front to question her big sister's attempts at teaching birthday best practice
Her (L) and me (R)
 But it wasn't long before she got the hang of it 
Sisterly pride in the background
And tried to muscle in
'What's the deal? It's my birthday, not yours!'
So I had to re-assert my authority
Birthday territory re-established
And by the time we got to her 21st, we had learnt to share
21st birthday of Lil Chicky (in the green dress)
So we played happily together
Outside Flinders St Station in 2005
for ever
Anzac Day Match at the MCG 2007
 and ever
At Sand Sculptures in Frankston, December 2010

Happy Birthday Chicky!

7 comments:

Vegemite Wife said...

Brilliant post! Love the pics!

JANE said...

What a lovely story and a great complement to both of you!

Anonymous said...

I feel a song coming on...

'Sisters' by Rosemary Clooney and Trudy Stevens.

You're both too young to remember that one!

Unknown said...

VW I am often grateful to Mum and Lil Chicky - they scanned squillions of old photos on to CDs so I can have them over here. They are priceless!

Glad you enjoyed them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jane. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jack, you are correct. I do not know that one. Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves is definitely more my vintage

Charlie Wade said...

Love the first picture. Her face speaks a thousand words.

Unknown said...

And it still does Charlie!