Monday 7 May 2012

A Woman of Substance...Again!

Here I am in the closing hours of a very chilled bank holiday weekend. Having spent yesterday in complete and utter indolence, I had decided that today should feature something a little more productive. So I ventured out for a brisk 40 minute walk around the local park this morning...

...and that's about all I've managed.

After being tempted by the final film in my current LoveFilm trio this morning (Inception, and by the way, it was absolutely brilliant) I kept the telly on in the background while I sat down to tap-tap-tap away. That's when all my good intentions flew out of the window.

One of my favourite books as a teenager was Barbara Taylor-Bradford's A Woman of Substance and guess what's showing on the telly - the whole series from 1984, back to back.

So I've climbed to the Top of the World (in the book this is Ramsden Crags on the Yorkshire Moors) and I'm just flitting about at the opening of the new Harte's department store in Leeds. I can't wait for the rest of the adventure to unfold...again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that series. Fab!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how young Liam Neeson is in it...or how hot Barry Bostwick used to be!