Saturday 6 July 2013

Cut To The Heart...

I love my street. It is a wonderful street to live in. It's chock full of old semi-detached houses with amazing architecture, intricate decorative detail and gorgeous leadlight windows which come alive when I walk along the footpath at night.


During the day, it's a leafy avenue lined with a magnificent array of trees that signal the passing seasons with their colour and bloom. And there's a particular tree that signals the entrance to Gidday HQ. It's verdant boughs cast a familiar shape across the sky as I gaze out of the window from my lazy-weekend-morning pillow and I've watched it transform from stripped bare to a riot of pink blossoms to its recent coat of rich, deep red.


So I was devastated to arrive home one evening last week to find this.


Finchley Council...not so fabulous!

No comments: