Monday 18 July 2011

007...Links To Thrill

Apparently, I'm IT!

No, this is not a narcissistic declaration of my own fabulousness (although I won't disabuse you of this notion if that's where your mind happened to wander). 

Linda over at Adventures in Expatland has tagged five of us in a game of Seven Links.

The rules are simple:

1. You’re nominated by a nominated blogger - Check

2. You decide which seven of your posts to assign to each category - Check

MY MOST BEAUTIFUL POST:
This is a tough one to choose from.  I love it when you come across something so beautiful and surprising that you just have to share it so The Art Of Mindfulness...Music To My Ears definitely makes the grade.  So too does Inspired By...Sunflowers.

MY MOST POPULAR POST: 
21 Sleeps to Go...Better Latte Than Never.  For the life of me I cannot work out why but this post accounts for just over 31% of the TOTAL pages viewed since Gidday from the UK began in August 2008.  Who knew that Latte Art was so popular?

MY MOST CONTROVERSIAL POST:
I found this a tough one to find but my recent post My Tweet Lord celebrated the modern angel, mobile phone in hand, adorning the Den Bosch cathedral.  I have to confess that the controversy that occurred was limited to the local press and did not make it as far as Gidday from the UK!

MY MOST HELPFUL POST:
Lost In Translation tops my list here as a fail-safe guide to mastering the art of English understaement.  And The Universe Provides...Adding A Blog Page because it does what it says on the tin.

A POST WHOSE SUCCESS SURPRISED ME: 
Definitely Whipping Up A (Sand)Storm, a post I wrote while in Melbourne with family last Christmas.  Truly astonished at how fascinated people were with this one and it's my second most popular post of all time.  I also learnt that there are Sand Sculptures in Weymouth each year - perhaps one for the 'Things To Do' Bucket List - you can take the girl away from the beach (and all that)...

A POST I FEEL DIDN’T GET THE ATTENTION IT DESERVED:
I could trawl through lots of them here but I think it has to be post number one The First One (original huh?)  If I'm really honest, I think I wanted the champagne corks to pop and a few fireworks to announce my arrival in the blogosphere.  Upon reading this, my sister (the fabulous Lil Chicky) will probably guffaw and say 'Suck it up princess!'  We Chickies come from the Hamer bootcamp of tough love.

THE POST I AM MOST PROUD OF: 
There are two for completely different reasons.  The first is The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of. It wasn't so much reading this post again or even the act of writing it at the time.  It was allowing myself to see, probably for the first time, how much I've overcome and how I have forged a life for myself, by myself, here on my own terms. I cried as I typed it.  The second is Quite A Milestone...Or Is That A Quiet Milestone? I think the reason is obvious.

3. You assign the next five bloggers to keep going - Check

Laura at Happy Homemaker UK
The Vegemite Wife at The Vegemite Wife
Penny at I Blame Oprah
Vanessa at Optimal Optimist
Michelle from The American Resident


Ladies, over to you...

4 comments:

Linda A. said...

You have selected a real treasure trove here Kym. (Wasn't it fun?) Well done!

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda.

Firstly, I couldn't stop thinking about it yesterday so had to, had to, had to write this post last night (uncharacteristic for a Monday) - or else I wouldn't have gotten ANY sleep.

Then it was interesting to see what came to mind with each of the categories and they weren't always what I expected!

JANE said...

Ok Kym, read the blog post, now settling done with a Saturday morning coffee to read your selections!! can't wait . . .

Unknown said...

Jane, I hope you enjoy them!