Sunday 8 November 2009

An Enterprising Young Bear....

I was reading some of my recent blogs and it occurred to me that a) they are all a bit serious of late, especially when you read them one after the other like I did and b) it has been some time since we caught up with the light of my life, young Alfie Bear.

(Yes I know J is the light of my life but shhhh! We mustn't let Alfie hear...it's all about him you know!)

Anyway, Alfie has been mooching around and generally presuming that all of life revolves around him.  He still loves watching the squirrels scurrying about outside from his comfy window position but doesn't get to do this so much now that the blind is closed during the weekdays when I am at work.  He gets bored quickly and likes to keep busy and it would appear that he's been putting this time to some use.  We recently discovered a little project of his...it would appear that he's been quite an enterprising young bear and has joined the ranks of celebrity (or should that be celebratory?) brands with his very own gin & tonic - he told me that I gave him the idea as I always seemed to enjoy a Gin & Tonic with Daddy so much!  

Alfie also loves to 'participate' and he takes great joy in being the centre of attention. During the unwrapping of my 40th birthday presents, he took quite a liking to one of my sister's gifts - a pair of bedsocks with cows heads on them - and took it upon himself to demonstrate how much better they looked on him!  The photo says it all really....

Anyway, that's enough about Alfie for now...too much attention will go to his head, things will just become impossible and I might just have to have a few stern words with him...or give him THE LOOK (you know, the one ALL mother's have that manages to silence ...well...everything really)...but he has such a cute face and how could I possibly stay cross...

Sigh....

What's that you say?  He's not real?

Bite your tongue!

No comments: