Tuesday 4 January 2011

The Ghost of Christmas (Sales) Past...

Well, it's week 2 of my great Southern Odyssey, custody of my good self has been successfully transferred to the sprawling abode of Lil Chicky and Husband (and I do mean sprawling - my entire flat would fit in their garage!) and it was time to get out those Christmas vouchers and hit the sales.

5 and half hours later (noted with some amazement as we paid for our parking), voucherless (me) and footsore (both), we heaved ourselves into the car, agreed we'd had an excellent day...and groaned.

What is it about post Christmas sales that convince us to keep pushing on well beyond the comfort of our shoes and the confines of our finances? 

I mean, it happens every year so it's not like this is a completely new experience...but it does not seem to matter how comfortable the footwear (although I have not yet stooped to shopping in my slippers) or how often we stop to fortify our shopping lust (with lunch, cake, coffee etc), we always arrive back home completely spent in more ways than one.

And as I sit here with my aching feet propped up on the chair in front of me, I can't help but think about my fabulous purchases and smile with complete and unmitigated satisfaction...

...and wonder where we'll shop tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...that's ok big chicky - our feet will be rewarded with a bit of TLC tomorrow... :D