Sunday 4 March 2012

Colour And Character...

So this is the first Dublin post. But it's probably not what you expected. There's no Guinness, no leprechauns, no national heros, no river dancing.

To be honest, I wondered what to post about. While I enjoyed Dublin, I didn't really have that moment of enchantment, that second that, as I round some corner and go wow, makes me want to return. But as I went through my photos, I realised that I'd managed to capture an unexpected aspect of Dublin's colour and character...so eyes up people, here we go...

The post boxes are green...


...as are the doors.


But the doors are also pink...


...and red...


...and even orange!


There were elephants (no trip is complete without a nod to the original blog of The Displaced Nation's ML Awanohara - Seen The Elephant)...



...plenty of watering holes...






...and a little bit of culture.


These Dubliners do like to paint stuff all over their walls whether it's a telling a story...


...a nod to generations past...


...or a promise to clean up their act.


Sometimes it gets a little abstract...


...or like pieces of a puzzle.


But as we were on the go for four whole days...


...it was great to find a spot to rest at last...

...under the swaying palm.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of the doors! And the green bins!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ariana, they took my fancy too!

Charlie Wade said...

Dublin (and actually the whole of Ireland) is/are somewhere we've never been. Suppose it's one of those places that seem to near to be classed as a holiday. That and the rain, of course.

Unknown said...

I see your point Charlie but we had 3 and a half days of brilliant sunshine out of the 4 days we were there. Still bloody chilly though!