Sunday 22 April 2012

I Feel Pretty...

I was out and about earlier and while there's still a nip in the air, there are blossoms everywhere, leading me to believe that Spring might have finally arrived.


Early in March I was delighted to see some scattered daffs under a tree in nearby Victoria Park...


Then we had a couple of weeks of gloriously sunny weather (remember that time when we were warmer than you beloved Melburnites?) We were all delirious over here and there was even a breathy mention or two...could this be the year that we have a 'good summer'?

Then it rained for a few weeks and I had to resort to bringing the outside in...

Bunches of daffodils are cheap here at this time of year and last between 10 days and two weeks
But today's blue skies and spring-like 14C (I know, my expectations have lowered considerably on the temperature front over the last 8 years) have brought forth a veritable tour-de-force of blossoms...

I was crossing the High Road in East Finchley today when I snapped this glorious spread behind my bus stop
I noticed these buds on my side fence from the kitchen window last weekend which are now in bloom. I don't know what they are so if any less horticulturally challenged than me can advise, I would not look stupid in my own garden be grateful
These are growing in random plastic buckets in the back garden. Haven't a scooby what these are either. They live without much input from me. This makes me look good happy.
London is so unbelievably pretty in the Spring - I actually think it's one of the things where it beats Australia hands down.

Even Google is getting in on the act!
Google 22nd April 2012
But lest you be misled, I should let you know that after a glorious t-shirt and light jumper walk this morning, it's now raining...

Yes indeed, Spring has definitely sprung.

2 comments:

Charlie Wade said...

Don't know about the pinky flowers, but the white ones look like primulas (which has a great species name - Primula Vulgaris) I could be wrong though, but they look similar to some my other half bought a few weeks ago.

Unknown said...

Aha excellent Charlie. One mysterious garden dweller named...only 2 to go. Thanks!