Sunday 16 December 2012

Tis The Season...O Christmas Tree

I'll be away over Christmas/New Year so there is a notable absence of Christmas regalia at Gidday HQ this year.

No festive Christmas wreath at the door, no flickering Christmas candles and no Christmas tree.

That's right. Gidday HQ is tree-free.

Which means I've had to find my foilage fun elsewhere. And in my kicking up the leaves, I've found something both inspired and eco-friendly.

Eco landscaping company, Green Rabbit, have come up with a scheme which offers the Viennese a Nordmann fir (sustainably grown of course) for free. They then collect your Living Christmas Tree after the big day and replant it elsewhere but if you want to keep this tree and plant it yourself, you pay and Green Rabbit will supply a booklet to help you care for your tree.

What a great idea...what a shame that it's only available in Austria.

I'll just have to stick with the version the Pelangi Beach Resort, Langkawi has provided.


O Christmas tree O Christmas tree, only 9 sleeps to go...

No comments: