Sunday 22 September 2013

Going Downto(w)n...

There has been a blogging hiatus here at Gidday HQ as life in general overtook...well everything over the last couple of weeks. Preparing our exhibition at an international industry fair last week has been a six month affair but the last couple of weeks have been all-consuming and short of tapping out my 3am lists of things to do here on Gidday - not very interesting reading - I've been a bit bereft of my usual ability to blog about the things that I have found fascinating, curious, annoying, inspiring and funny. It was like everything all got stuck in the pipe and I couldn't find the wherewithal to squeeze them out.

So this weekend has been a time for making space, for letting my head empty and my body unravel from the work of the last six months and in the process, I've discovered a whole new addiction...

...Downton Abbey.
Highclere Castle, or as we know it, Downton Abbey.
I know many of you may be wondering how I have managed to come so late to this particular party in light of my predilection for the historical. Well, a few weeks ago I was out for dinner with friends and they were talking about the show, how great it was, and were quite surprised that I hadn't succumbed. We left the pub agreeing that Season 1 would find myself to me the following day...and the rest, as they say, is history. Season 2 was done and dusted soon after.

With both a purposely empty Sunday - to recover from the last seven days away and enjoy an unimpeded re-aquaintance with my own bed - and the start of Season 4 screening tonight, I have spent this weekend watching Season 3. If any of you have watched a whole season of something in a compressed period of time, you might understand the emotional rollercoaster of watching a whole nine episodes in quick succession. There are A LOT of ups and downs in this season so I'm thinking that it was probably much less exhausting to allow a week in between viewings.

But be that as it may, I am completely hooked. So I'll be joining the hordes of fans for tonight's frolic through Fellowes' fictional take on upstairs and downstairs.

And just in case you were wondering (it's been a little while so you may have forgotten), there are 23 sleeps to go until Lil Chicky arrives at Gidday HQ.

And I only have six working days left until I move into my new role at work

So much excitement, I can hardly stand it.

No comments: