Friday 18 April 2014

A Milestone With Meaning...

It's Good Friday here in the UK and after an impromptu dinner out last night with a work friend (and a nice bottle of red shared between us) it's been a lazy start to the day. But with Vegemite toast done, the coffee machine warming up and back episodes of Frasier on the telly, I've popped by to see what was happening.

And it seems rather a lot - in the last few days, Gidday from the UK has tipped into triple figures and passed 100,000 page views.


It might not seem so much to some but when I started tapping away in 2008, it seemed quite impossible that anyone outside my nearest and dearest would actually find my witterings in the big wide blogosphere, let alone read them with any regularity. And that's because I really started this blog for me, to find an outlet to express both the richness and ordinariness of my everyday expat moments that seemed to fall short in their relating during long distance phone calls to loved ones. 

But it appears that there are many more of you out there - and for the most part we've never physically met each other - and I feel enormously humble when I think about that.

So whether you've been visiting for a while or you're a newbie here, thank you for stopping by and being part of the Gidday community.

And have a wonderful Easter however you choose to spend it. 

No comments: